Thursday, July 17, 2014

Weekly Haul 7/16/14

Comic Book Store
This is a tough week to be starting into comics.  I'm not sure I can recommend anything to first timers.  But if you are intent on picking up a series try Teen Titans.

Batman Eternal #15
I'm really starting to enjoy Batman Eternal but unless you want to try and track down the first 14 issues or get them digitally it is best to wait on this one until it comes out as a tpb.

New 52 Futures End #11
The story is still going in a hundred different directions.  This is a good comic to pick up if you want to be thoroughly confused.

Robin Rises Omega #1
This is one to pick up if you've been following The Hunt For Robin arc that has been running in the Batman and Robin series.  Other than thats it's a one shot which probably won't make much sense on its own.

Manifest Destiny #8
This is a great series.  The art and story are superb.  The trade for the first few issues is available and you can wait for then second volume or jump in and get the digital issues to fill in the space and pick this up.

Uncanny X-Men #23
A trade is available for this series but I would suggest starting with Avengers vs. X-Men and working your way up to this series.  It will fill in a lot of the holes by letting you know whats lead up to this point.

X-Men #16
The same thing goes for this series.  This isn't a good jumping on point, the series isn't a good jumping on point.  It's almost like its part of Marvel's master plan to sell trades.  Start with Avengers vs. X-Men.


100th Anniversary Special X-Men #1
This is a #1 in name only. If you are looking to get into X-Men get a trade.

Teen Titans #1
I wasn't planning on picking this up but when I saw it on the shelf and it was a #1 I figured I'd give it a shot.  The writer, Will Pfeifer, is signing at a local comic shop so that also helped.

Grayson #1
This came out last week and I picked it up today because the writer, Tim Seeley, will be signing at a store near me and I thought it would be cool to get this particular issue autographed.  I was on the fence and passed on it before but I look forward to seeing how this series develops.


NXS

No comments:

Post a Comment