Thursday, July 10, 2014

Spread #1

Writer: Justin Jordan
Artist: Kyle Strahm

I contemplated picking up this book because I wasn’t familiar with either of the creators but the teaser page in Preview caught my attention and I’ve given plenty of books a shot based on much less.  I’m so glad I did because the issue has sold out with Diamond.  If you can’t find this book in your shop a digital copy is 50 cents cheaper and Image has announced a second printing so you can still get your hands on it.

While the plot appears to be the skeleton of a critter I’ve seen before, the creative touch makes Spread a blast to read.  It flows beautifully!  Before I knew it I had finished and needed was compelled the issue a second go around.  Can’t wait to see where Jordan takes this.

I was turned off by the art at first glance but after reading I can’t imagine it any other way.  Strahm’s stylized work allows the reader to really enjoy the world they have created because it plays so well with the concepts and action of the story.


I give Spread a 5 out of 5 and this it will definitely be added to my pull list.  This new Image title is my Pick of the Week.  So, if you are looking for a new series to follow, try and track down Spread #1.


NXS

No comments:

Post a Comment